Thursday, February 10, 2011

Do they want to win?

I ask this question in all seriousness. "Do they want to win"? By *they* I mean the conservatives and by *win* I mean gain power in Australia.

Well do they?

Because you would never know it from their recent actions.

It's weird, because if I wanted the people to vote me in then I would be doing the things that appealed to them. I would give them a reason to do it.

Firstly I would get a good feel for what Australian's wanted and then I would design a policy and communications programme that built upon it. I would take a few tips from the world of marketing and sales - I am not talking about focus groups Virginia.

I would speak to the people instead of at them, engage with them instead of tell them, become one of them instead of being remote and mars based.

I would make them feel comfortable. Comfortable enough that they would consider electing me and my team when next there was an election. And I would re-enforce these things day and night over the time between now and the next election - or as long as it took.

Nope - apparently not. Doing those things would mean that you will have to abandon the right wing ideology that you want to impose on the nation. And then where would your ideas come from - Weeties?

This is the problem folks. The conservatives think they will walk back in based on our Government's incompetence and then they can do what they like - and subject us to the most mind numbing conservative dingbat ideology - like this guy's.

Or that is what Tony Abbott and Eric Abetz want to do.

The truth is that the Libs won't get near the levers until they ditch the ideology and go with the moderates. It just surprises me that they haven't managed to work that simple thing out yet.

No comments: