Saturday, August 21, 2010

Election Day

Thank goodness it's Election Day today - because after tomorrow I will be able to get back to a normal life.

Fortunately, I have been overseas for the past week or so and that has spared me from some of the worst of the local campaigning - Australian politics and our elections barely rate a mention in Asia. Wonder why?

Which is a good thing? Australian politics should barely rate a mention here but real news is in short supply.

I could write pages on this woeful, deceptive and ignorant campaign - but won't. To tell the truth, I am completely over it. This is the first time in history that I don't care about the outcome.

I don't care because it is obvious to me that we don't have a real democracy anymore.

We have a pretend democracy that is being decided today by how our people vote - based on the BS they have been force fed by our version of "the media".

Today is payback time for the *dumf_ks*.

We lost any pretence at democracy when it became obvious that big business and big media are able to influence the outcome of our elections - at will.

So good luck people - you are going to need it.

No comments: