Tuesday, August 25, 2009

John C Wegener

Today is my father’s birthday. He was born in Gawler, South Australia on the 25th August 1930 and died in Adelaide on the 21st December 2008.

With my mother Maureen he had five children (Roger, Sue, Kate, Janet, Tony) and had a diverse career working in the taxi industry, the vehicle industry, the oil industry, then farm machinery and the steel making industry. But he always remembered his roots and his family. While his final years were often painful with a variety of illnesses he was always cheerful and willing and able to communicate with friends and family. I do miss him.

He was one of two sons (David and John) of my grandparents Cliff and Laura who lived most of their lives in Kadina, South Australia. Cliff died in 1966 and Laura passed away in 1986.

Cliff was one of nine children of Lebrecht and Ellen who lived much of their life in Tumby Bay in South Australia.

Our family has recently found a substantial amount of new information about the early Wegener history in Australia and some of this will probably end up on my blog.

In the meantime, I plan to celebrate my dad’s birthday today.

No comments: