Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Thinking Bogan

I don't know about you lot but I would prefer for the nation to have a bit of a plan to accompany the "Moving Forward" mantra that was adopted by the "Bogan in Chief" at our last federal election.

Just so the people have a bit of a clue about where we are moving forward to? I hope it's not Melbourne Virginia ;-)

It is all very well for the professional politicians to manage the nation on our behalf and to regularly tell us that they have our interests at heart - but I for one don't believe them.

So might I make a request for Julia and the crew to think about and develop a *National Plan* that they can talk about and which may even be used to guide their actions and investments. It might even allow us to identify their *core values* if they have any?

Now I don't want them to get too excited about it - because we all know how a poorly thought through plan can go awfully wrong. But surely we should have some ambition and goals that will help us to face the challenges of the 21st century.

Because meandering along in the wake of the resources boom is probably not a very clever or sustainable approach.

No comments: