Thursday, November 18, 2010

Two-Tel?

So James Packer and Lachlan Murdoch have combined forces to take over Channel 10. Good on them - media diversity is good for the nation. Can't believe that I just wrote that ;-)

And it reminds me of the last attempt of the Packer and Murdoch boys to run a serious Australian business. Who can forget One-Tel? Certainly not the investors and probably not Jodee Rich or Brad Keeling either.

But seriously - good luck to them. I hope it goes well and with any luck they will be able to project all that excellent News Ltd content onto many more Australian eyeballs. I just can't wait to see Fox News on free to air television.

The only question is what will they call their new venture? My suggestion is "One Oh - Tel Evision". Or if they don't like that, how about "Two-Tel" or even "A^Sky^A"?

No comments: