Thursday, May 19, 2011

No Need for News

These days I have no need for News Limited and do my very best to avoid reading whatever is spewing forth from the "Heart of the Nation" or that which is made up and embellished by Melbourne's "Outdoor Toilet Companion".

These days all of my news and information comes over the net - originating with a few trustworthy and selected global and local sites - none of which have an affiliation with News Ltd.

This has all been made possible by some rather cute software - none of which I can tell you about here.

And as far as I can tell there are three major benefits.

First I get to see and hear the truth - often straight from the horse's mouth but always without having to navigate Rupert's *dingbat* filter.

Second I get a low-bias and high-quality intellectual analysis and opinion around the events that comprise the news - as opposed to a manufactured one that pushes a dodgy agenda.

Thirdly, I feel better - because the real news is nowhere near as confused as the pap that the rest of you have to consume.

Actually that last point is a significant one. I have been experimenting with this stuff for over a year now and I certainly think there are health benefits from avoiding pap. I haven't studied this in a scientific way but I am pretty sure that you will feel better if you avoid the made up nonsense that dominates our MSM.

I hope someone who has the time and the resources to undertake a proper scientific study will do so and publish their work - soon. Because this will be another significant nail in the coffin of our mainstream media.

Which brings me to our very own ABC. What is going on at 7:30? Can Mr Ullmann actually conduct an interview without looking and sounding like a bully boy? Can Ms Sales present a story without impersonating a 12 year old?

Now it might be that some people were turned off by Kerry but at least he knew what the job was. This year the place is starting to look like a grade school.

I'm sorry people but if you seek respect and interest and eyeballs from your audience then you have to be credible and capable of engaging with them. Comprende?

No comments: