Thursday, May 10, 2012

Bogan Radio Station

My local cafe owner has a bad habit of playing the local bogan radio station through his speakers - all day and half the night.

This particular bogan radio station says it caters to the 18-39 year old demographic - but in reality it's juvenile presenters, commentary and stunts indicate that is is really chasing after the 14 year old demographic.  Don't ask me why.

Anyway, my local cafe owner has been talked into advertising with said radio station and so he is determined to play it continually.  But it's an insult to his customers - none of whom are 14 years old and many of whom are older than 39.

And I hate that.  It's bad enough that this radio station exists - but to also have it assault my eardrums day and night causes my brain to explode.  I particularly dislike the fact that I am bombarded with loud bogan crap when all I am trying to do is have a coffee and read my email.

Now, local cafe owner doesn't spend a lot of time at the cafe - so there are frequent opportunities to circumvent his plan.  I do sometimes succeed in having the offensive bogan noise changed to other less offensive bogan noise - by using my wit and charm with the staff ;-)

Why do you suppose that a seemingly intelligent person would insist on *pissing off* many of his customers - all because he thinks they have been captured by his cafe?

I don't know either.

No comments: