Wednesday, December 1, 2010

It's all a bit too hard

I must confess that I did laugh my head off when I read this. And then I ordered another glass of wine.

We have been getting away with it because we are the *Lucky Country* and well it doesn't much matter if we act dumb - because *something* will turn up and we will be OK - won't we Virginia?

Or that is what we are used to. Our national plan appears to be built around three things - not necessarily in this order ;-)

* Remaining uneducated.

* Paying too much for shonky real estate.

* Driving around in monster trucks.

All the while worshipping at the altar of the nearest *Retail GOD*. Nothing else matters - this is what everyone has been conditioned to believe is true heaven on earth in the land of OZ.

We worship Credit Cards and Harvey Norman for Christ sake. Can I have another wine please?

I think it's because we live in an upside down world - where BS has become fact, lies are the new truth and black is now looking like white. All courtesy of Uncle Rupert and his friends.

These days I just write about it - and frankly I don't care if anyone listens - or understands.

Because when the sh_t hits the fan - I will be floating around out there in the middle of the Pacific or the Indian oceans - blissfully unaware. And having another wine.

And I got carried away with the wine but I also meant to say that this is a classic example of the "Dunning Kruger" effect - here.

No comments: