Thursday, June 14, 2012

Well Blogger Me

I am so sick of the dimwits in our media writing self serving BS about how bloggers are not journalists and how we will all be so sorry when the *quality* journalists lose their jobs because people have stopped reading newspapers.

Well I don't know about the rest of the blogosphere - but I have absolutely no desire to replace any journalists.  They are doing a perfectly good job of killing off their industry - all by themselves and with a bit of help from Uncle Rupert.  They certainly don't need my help.

I write to express my opinion about the many subjects that I am interested in and because there are things going on around us that should be discussed out loud - but none of our *so called* journalists will touch them.  And even when they do their articles become so distorted that it is just bizarre.  I am so tired of their crap that I can't even be bothered linking to their failures ;-)

I would love it if *actual* journalists were willing and able to investigate and write about the consumer rip-offs of big business, the poor state of our education systems and the right wing nonsense that has infected the Liberal Party - amongst other things.  But they don't and they won't - because - well I think we all know why.

The reason that newspapers are dying is because their business model is broken and they have lost the trust of the people.  They have lost the trust of the people because they don't tell them the truth.  They don't tell them the truth because they have been captured by vested interests.  And they have become irrelevant.

It's a bit rich complaining about the fact that your ex-customers no longer consume your product - when your product no longer offers any value.

No comments: